A gentle reminder ...

The goal of this blog initially was for Mr. Mc to show his students and friends what he doing while in Pennsylvania and DC in 2011. Now it's being used as a place for him, travelling colleagues and former students to discuss edumacation and history related "stuff" as well as ... well, anything which pops into his head. Mr. Mc would never knowingly embarrass either the school he loves or the family he is devoted to. By joining in the discussion, he expects the same of you.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Comtweeting for DC Cupcakes (competeing--comtweeting...get it?)

DO YOU WANT TO WIN A DOZEN CUPCAKES FROM DC CUPCAKES?



Okay, the Ford's Theater conference is over and I'm working on the lesson plan they requested. My plan focuses on the Gettysburg Address. I saw an amazing video the theater's education center did on his writings and I'm gonna try and do a remix of that as well as a line by line analysis of the speech.

BUT...I also want to ask the kids to condense the address into 140 characters, twitter style. There was a cool contest done for the Declaration of Independence (here is the Slate story) and I want to try for the same with my kids.

I want to see if it works, though ...

....SO...IF YOU WANT TO WIN A DOZEN CUPCAKES FROM GEORGETOWN CUPCAKES:
sum up perhaps the finest example of American rhetoric in 140 characters. The contest is simple. My favorite wins. You must submit it with your full name (students-first and last initial) in the comments box. You may also tweet it to d_mcintire or #littleaddress. (I will post some of the twitter suggestions on the blog) I will only accept submissions to the blog and twitter--sorry Facebook friends.

I will make my selection on Friday (July 20th) afternoon and have them shipped out by Monday.

What, you say, you need a copy of the Gettysburg Address? Here you go!

This contest is open to anyone (student or adult; teacher or administrator; friend of Dave's or complete stranger) in the Continental US. The more the merrier!!!

2 comments:

  1. Here goes by 90s frat boy slang version:

    Once we all were bros, now there b bad blood. What we say here aint no thing, but pour some out 4 r dead homies. Freedom #2cool2be4gotten

    ReplyDelete