A gentle reminder ...

The goal of this blog initially was for Mr. Mc to show his students and friends what he doing while in Pennsylvania and DC in 2011. Now it's being used as a place for him, travelling colleagues and former students to discuss edumacation and history related "stuff" as well as ... well, anything which pops into his head. Mr. Mc would never knowingly embarrass either the school he loves or the family he is devoted to. By joining in the discussion, he expects the same of you.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Winning and losing a bet... (the day before the Ford's retreat)

 
After a week of ERB testing (don't ask me what the name stands for because I don't know) and working on This I Believe speeches, we needed to blow off some steam. During a break all three of us delivered our speeches for their peers. I had been bet that I wouldn't get my speech done. Two pies to the face. Its been pretty close to done since the weekend, but I didn't tell them that. Since I had the stuff for the pies...why not.
 
BTW-Both of the delegates did a nice job presenting. One is doing an excerpt from King's I Have a Dream speech and one is doing an original oration on how losing teaches you perseverance and problem solving skills. We haven't really played with speechifying for a month or so and they were rusty. that is to be expected. And their audience is trained to call them on it. That being said, they are ready for the Ford's retreat. I am excited to see where the teaching artists take them as speakers over the next few days. But for now, they are ready.
 
I will be too if I can find a sub...my Friday sub just called in sick. Will post more as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment