A gentle reminder ...

The goal of this blog initially was for Mr. Mc to show his students and friends what he doing while in Pennsylvania and DC in 2011. Now it's being used as a place for him, travelling colleagues and former students to discuss edumacation and history related "stuff" as well as ... well, anything which pops into his head. Mr. Mc would never knowingly embarrass either the school he loves or the family he is devoted to. By joining in the discussion, he expects the same of you.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Test driving the blog ...

With about six weeks before the trip and school out, I'm finally getting around to setting up the blog. I figured it'll take me about that long to get it all figured out so I can seamlessly post on the fly. I'm also going to post thoughts before I leave on the readings they've asked us to do. According to the online itinerary, there will be 30 different sessions and each has a raft of reading to do before. This'll be the place I process. There are almost 30 books to get through before I leave so I'll need this blog just to process all that information.
BTW-thanks for following my travels out east. And don't hesitate to comment, ask, point out, ... whatever. Especially my past and future students. What can I bring back to the classroom to make out time together better? -Mr. Mc

Monticello-Jefferson's home in central Virginia. I took this a few years ago. Figured a picture of something TJ would be appropriate to for the first picture on the blog. For all my students ... yes I still have a mancrush on James Madison ... yes I still believe Jefferson is a big hot mess of contradictions ... but the fella could design a pretty house, couldn't he?

Mr. Lincoln at his memorial. A great writer. A great leader. A great vampire hunter (read the book).

I tripped into this shot at Arlington Cemetery the first year I went to D.C. It's one of my favorite pictures, ever. The power of ideas, leadership and sacrifice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment