A gentle reminder ...

The goal of this blog initially was for Mr. Mc to show his students and friends what he doing while in Pennsylvania and DC in 2011. Now it's being used as a place for him, travelling colleagues and former students to discuss edumacation and history related "stuff" as well as ... well, anything which pops into his head. Mr. Mc would never knowingly embarrass either the school he loves or the family he is devoted to. By joining in the discussion, he expects the same of you.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

'Let the wild rumpus begin!'

I'm quoting a colleague (Mr. Ben Rivers) above on a completely separate matter but I liked it and I stole and am unabashedly using it. I have received my books for the academy. Twenty-eight of them. About twenty of them are full editions, the rest compilations. The participants have been emailing back and forth about the netbooks and flashdrives we were given as well as the 42 pounds of books. Some discussion has been had about how to transport said books. One teacher pointed out that all the books left eight pounds for clothing if we fly. I guess I'm actually going to stow an extra bag. Either that or mail them to Philly. Have decided the first book I'm going to read is by Gary Gallagher, Causes Won, Lost and Forgotten: How Hollywood and Popular Art Shape What We know About the Civil War. I've decided to read all the presenters books first and then on June 10th start doing the readings for that day in July.We'll see how that goes.

To all my former and future students whining about summer reading ...I feel your pain

No comments:

Post a Comment