A gentle reminder ...

The goal of this blog initially was for Mr. Mc to show his students and friends what he doing while in Pennsylvania and DC in 2011. Now it's being used as a place for him, travelling colleagues and former students to discuss edumacation and history related "stuff" as well as ... well, anything which pops into his head. Mr. Mc would never knowingly embarrass either the school he loves or the family he is devoted to. By joining in the discussion, he expects the same of you.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I would not exchange my home on the range (the photo essay)

The last of three posts waxing poetic on Kansas.  ('The soliloquy' and 'The discourse' are here and here, respectively.) If you want more Kansas photos, go to Andrea LaRanye Etzel's website. I didn't want to post any of her's without permission, but they are excellent. Here is another website with links to other Kansas photos and photographers. Excellent as well. The photos not marked are mine. As it says in the captions, if you know the source to the Ad Astera and Keeper of the Plains photographs, let me know and I will give them their due.
 
Ad Aspera on the Kansas Capitol dome in the moonlight. I don't know who is the photographer of this.
If you know the source, let me know and I will acknowledge.
 
Keeper of the Plains in Wichita. Again, I don't know who is the photographer of this.
If you know the source, let me know and I will acknowledge.
 
Flint Hills
 
This graphic novel has humor
 
A part of John Steuart Curry's mural Tragic Prelude at the Kansas Statehouse (courtesy-Kansas State Historical Museum)
 
Wichita Footballers (courtesy-Wichita/Sedgwick County Historical Museum)
 
Civil War Rotunda at Maple Grove Cemetery in Wichita
 
Civil War Rotunda at Maple Grove Cemetery in Wichita

No comments:

Post a Comment