A gentle reminder ...

The goal of this blog initially was for Mr. Mc to show his students and friends what he doing while in Pennsylvania and DC in 2011. Now it's being used as a place for him, travelling colleagues and former students to discuss edumacation and history related "stuff" as well as ... well, anything which pops into his head. Mr. Mc would never knowingly embarrass either the school he loves or the family he is devoted to. By joining in the discussion, he expects the same of you.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cupcake Winners!!!



All images taken from the Georgetown Cupcakes website

In December, I ran a little contest for cupcakes.  It was oft read but only a few intrepid souls entered.

The winners are listed below.


First Runner Up :

Ellie Q.--Ellie was the default winner from this last summer since she was the only person who submitted a valid entry. I re-entered her for bragging rights and she came in second. Here is Ellie's....

  • Once we all were bros, now there b bad blood. What we say here aint no thing, but pour some out 4 r dead homies. Freedom #2cool2be4gotten


The Winner:

Sharolyn G.--I showed this one to a couple of my students after break. Two weeks off and four weeks since the Gettysburg Address was analyzed in class. Both of them immediately identified the speech. Here is Sharolyn's...
  • Look to the DoI, said L & know soldiers died for new birth of freedom—our unfinished work to carry on. Only then will our gov't not perish.

Ladies, would you please go to Georgetown Cupcakes and decide how you would like your dozen broken down, put it in the comments section of this post and I will set up delivery. Once I am ready to have them shipped, I will private message you for a physical address. Again, Congratulations!
 
To everyone who entered, thanks. To everyone who thought about it but didn't, one last image to torture you with...
 
 
 
BTW...
POST IN THE COMMENTS BELOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE A CONTEST FOR DR. KING'S 'I HAVE A DREAM' SPEECH. 
This has been fun and, if there is interest, I might be pursuaded.
Don't give me a tweet just yet, just tell me if you want another contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment